Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NashVegas, Baby!

Nathan and I went to Nashville for the weekend. We needed a little getaway, and Nate had never been to NashVegas, so I thought, "Perfect! We'll have some fun and maybe I can convince Nathan that we need to move there." We've been eye-balling houses in and around Nashville for a couple of months, found our dream home with the hopes of checking it out while we were there, and, whaddaya know- it sold last week. Apparently it wasn't meant to be. I'm confident that God has a plan for us, and if His plan is for us to end up in Nashville, a home that's even more perfect for us will come along. When I began praying about where we are supposed to be, I begged God for an obvious answer. Shortly thereafter, we looked up information about Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and discovered that the chief of surgery there is a cardiothoracic surgeon who graduated medical school at Vandy just a couple of years after Nathan's previous boss. The chief also did his a fellowship under Nate's previous boss. Connection #1 (well, connection numbers 1 and 2 if ya count other Vanderbilt connections through Dr. H.) Then, I Facebooked an acquaintance from high school who lives in Nashville. She told me all of these wonderful things and that she and her husband would probably never leave the area. Then she proceeds to tell me that her husband is a real estate agent in Nashville, so "if there's anything we can help you with, let me know." Hmmm...is God telling me something here? I still struggle with determining that. I want to say that that's my sign, but then a second-guess it.

Anyway, Saturday morning Nate and I checked out 4 or 5 houses in an eastern suburb of Nashville. No luck. Then we headed downtown to shop and bar-hop for 4 hours (yet only had one drink each). Basically we missed all the different shows the city has to offer, but didn't just want to hang out in our room, so we checked out the Opryland Hotel. It's unreal that, besides Bass Pro and another store, the Opryland mall is still closed from the damage from the flood of May 2010.

I can't wait to go back. Next time we'll stay in the suburbs south of Nashville to check them out. Maybe then we'll see celebs! How fun would it be to run into Carrie Underwood or Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman out shopping?

I still need to get my pictures uploaded, but this "draft" has been ready since Monday, so I wanted to go ahead and get it up.

No comments:

Share