Friday, February 25, 2011

What a Day

It started off by me over-sleeping by 40 minutes. Thankfully, 30 of those minutes are the time that I use to get in a quick workout, so it didn't cut into my "getting ready" time too much; I just didn't get a workout this morning. Natalie slept in, which never happens was a blessing even though we were already running behind this morning. Not to mention, she was a pill when I was trying to get her ready this morning. Normally Natalie rides with her dad in the morning, though we drop her off at daycare together, but this morning she had to ride with me and I dropped her off by myself, because Nathan had a 7:30am case at work. You would've thought I was abusing the child the way she was screaming. She didn't want to get in my car; she wanted to ride wih Nathan, because he takes the portable DVD player every morning. We don't watch movies in my car unless we're going on a long-ish car ride. Once we got to the daycare, Natalie didn't want to stay. I usually don't have trouble dropping her off; she goes right in and starts playing, but not today. Today I had to leave her crying. I hadn't been at work 45 minutes when I got a phone call from the daycare informing me that Natalie had fallen and busted her lip. I left work to put my nursings skills in action go look at her lip to make sure she didn't need stitches. She was sucking on a popsicle and happy as a clam when I got to her (happy until I left, that is), so I went back to work. I spent the rest of the morning in a silly meeting, then was just in a funk the rest of the day. To top it off, we had to deal with a couple of patients' crazy family members, which is nothing new, but one of them really got to me today. I hope I'm never that family member when my parent/husband/sister/child is a patient somewhere. I was so happy when 4:00 rolled around and the weekend began.

Here's Natalie's Marge Simpson lip, picture courtesy of the daycare director. :)
You can't tell here, but one of her bottom teeth went through her top lip. It looks pretty nasty.

No comments:

Share