Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I Don't Want To Forget

It seems like I haven't done one of these in awhile, and Natalie's so funny right now, I thought it would be an appropriate time:

* (This was just a one-time thing so far, but it was funny)- Natalie told her daddy she was going to "fix his toes"....then she pulled a hair out of his big toe :) Hahaha!

* Natalie is such a little fish. She LOVES the water and is totally fearless at the pool. I'm kind of an overprotective momma and won't let her go under at all when she jumps in. We've never ever had ear issues (*knock on wood*), and I don't plan on starting with swimmer's ear.


* The daycare teachers all seem to like Natalie a lot. Apparently she's VERY well behaved during the day. However, there's one teacher in particular that just loves Natalie. She was Natalie's teacher around the time Natalie turned one, I guess, and it was a terribly rough transition to this teacher's classroom. (Let's call this teacher "Sue" just to simplify things). Natalie cried and screamed daily in "Sue's" classroom, and Nathan and I didn't get a lovey, butterflies-in-our-tummies feeling from her. We actually seriously considered pulling Natalie out of daycare because we didn't like the thought of leaving her with "Sue" all day. After many weeks, Natalie finally warmed up to "Sue", and then the time came where "Sue" was the only one who could make Natalie stop crying. "Sue" and another teacher got Natalie a sweet birthday present back in December, and this week, she got Natalie a cute little "towel dress" just because. So super sweet of her! I don't know the correct term, but by "towel dress", I mean something like this: 



* As of today, Natalie has said two naughty words. I never said I was proud of all the things I don't want to forget! I always knew Nathan would be the first cause of a dirty word, but it was me. Nathan was second...but his word was worse. Just for the record, the words were a 5-letter "B" word and a 4-letter "S" word.

* Natalie loves to sing "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" and sounds really cute doing so.

* Natalie knows that any time she washes her hands, she has to scrub them and sing the alphabet, then she can rinse her hands. She almost always goes from the ABCs into "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

* Princesses are a huge hit around here, as are ballerinas.

Just for the record...some things I would like to forget:

* Potty-training...it's not a fun thing.

*Bedtime...also not a fun time. We've had to resort back to the "cry-it-out" method.  Nathan has slept in the basement for the last two nights so I have to be the tough one losing sleep. I don't mind...I can handle it a little better than he can. Two nights ago, Natalie was up 4 times and cried for a minimum of 30 minutes each time. I went in once to put her back to bed and was in there for less than 3 minutes. The rest of the time she cried. It was pretty heartbreaking. Last night I didn't hear a peep out of her until my first alarm went off at 4:40. She returned to her bed for 15 minutes, then I let her into our bed since I was getting up anyway. We will see how tonight goes!

No comments:

Share