Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby Fever

It seems like so many women around me are pregnant or just had babies, and it's giving me baby fever- BAD. Having another little one is something Nathan and I have discussed on many occasions, and it's something we both want, and most of the time we would like for it to be sooner rather than later. However, any time Natalie has seen me hold a baby or another toddler, the tantrums begin until the little one is out of my arms. Although she would probably adjust quickly and like to help out and love on a baby, we just don't think she's ready to be a big sister. Having a second child just isn't realistic for us right now, especially if Nathan does get accepted to PA school (*fingers crossed and prayers said*) and has to move to Tennessee. I will be the only one working, and there's no way we could put two kids in daycare (in addition to all the other bills) on a nurse's salary. Plus, I don't want to be like a single mom with a toddler and an infant, even though we have some amazing neighbors that would jump on the opportunity to watch a new baby! Sometimes I feel like I can barely handle Natalie and do all the other things that have to be done, particularly on the nights that Nathan works late on call, so I sing praises to all the single parents out there. I can't imagine parenting alone all the time. I know that waiting until the "right" time, if there really is such a thing, will only make us more excited to have another baby, so I suppose that is the plan. Like most situations, I do find a downfall to this- Natalie will likely be almost 6 years old before she gets a sibling. That's about the same age difference between my sister and me. She and I get along fine now, but I never felt like we were close growing up. In addition to being siblings, I want my kids to be friends; therefore, I feel like they should be relatively close in age. Nathan has told me in the past that he doesn't want our kids to be more than 3 years apart. I guess God has a different plan. It's all in His timing. I guess for now, though, I will live vicariously through my pregnant co-workers and hopefully get to love on their babies from time to time.

No comments:

Share