Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Start of a New Year, the Start of a New Blog

With the new year, I decided to start a blog. I have started a journal several times, but have not been good about keeping up with it. Since I prefer a keyboard to pen and paper, maybe I will keep up with this blog better. Really, this isn't to tell the world about my life, it's for me to look back on to remember the little things. I'm a working mom with a rambunctious two-year old and a husband who doesn't know his work schedule from day to day, sometimes hour to hour. Things get crazy around here. Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing the goings-on in my life with anyone who wants to read. I will also link to some of my favorite blogs, so if you're a mommy or you're interested in DIY projects, be on the look-out for links to some pretty great blogs!

Looking back on 2010, it was, by no means, a bad year...just sort of uneventful. I guess it was kind of hard to top 2007 (our wedding), 2008 (Nathan's college graduation and Natalie's birth), and 2009 (lots of Natalie's firsts, my college graduation, both Nathan and I started new jobs, and we bought our first home). I'm excited to see what 2011 brings. Nathan is hoping to start PA school at Bethel University in McKenzie, TN, next January, and the application process opens April 1. He has worked so hard for this, so I hope he gets in. He loves operating on people, and he's so great at it. It would be a shame if he's not able to advance his career simply because his grades as an underclassman weren't so hot. Since there's a possibility that 2011 could be the last year for over 2 years that we live in our house as a family of 3, I hope we take advantage of doing more things together than we did last year. We are planning to take Natalie to the conservation center Saturday. She loves animals, so we thought that might be a great (free) place to spend a cold weekend.

No comments:

Share