Sunday, March 20, 2011

Night Terrors

I guess Natalie's hitting that age where night terrors typically begin. She's had some sleeping issues lately, and it's not uncommon for her to wake up once during the night, but we usually let her cry herself back to sleep. If she wakes up after 4:00am and cries for more than 5-10 minutes, then we will sometimes bring her into our room, since I get up around 5:00 anyway, and Nathan not too long after that. Last night Natalie woke up around 1:30 and was screaming like she was hurt. I got up and checked on her, because sometimes she gets her leg stuck in the baby gate; she hadn't, but I picked her up anyway, and she continued to scream and was quiverring. I assumed it was a night terror, so I brought her into our room. I know, I know, probably a huge mistake. She seemed to be wide awake and was very restless for about an hour but finally fell asleep until about 7:30. She's been in a great mood this morning, and I think today will be another great day. It's supposed to be in the 70s- maybe a good day for a little photo shoot with Natalie in her new MudPie outfit.

2 comments:

Brooke Rega said...

I totally didn't know that you had started your blog. Shows how much I pay attention. I just read every post to catch up. It's amazing how similar our parenting techniques are. I'm excited to keep reading what you have to say. Natalie has grown up so much! She's such a little cutie. Keep up the amazing work! :)

Amy said...

Yeah, I have the link posted on my facebook page, but haven't made it a point to tell anyone about it. Obviously I haven't been keeping up with it very well, but I'm trying to do better.
Thanks for checking it out, and I'm excited to see what's going on in the Rega household! New pics of Bella, please? :)

Share