Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When I started this blog, I intended to keep up with it faithfully. Obviously I haven't been doing so. It's been rainy here for the last several daysl we've been stuck inside, so I have zero excuses. Today was gorgeous outside- sunny and a high in the low 60s; tomorrow will be even more beautiful- sunny with a high in the mid-70s (with some wind), and high 70s on Friday. I'm loving it! After work today, Nathan went fishing behind the house, and Natalie and I played in the yard and watched Nathan fish for awhile. He didn't catch anything today, but he and our neighbor went fishing over the weekend and fileted what they caught. Every year our subdivision does a community fish-fry, so Nathan and our neighbor do most of the fishing to stock up for it.
I'm looking forward to more pretty days to spend outside, and I'm hoping to do a couple of photo shoots with Natalie soon.

I love animals, and I would never intentionally hurt one, but I'm about thisclose to beating our cat. Since shortly after we moved into our house about two years ago, she has been pooping on the basement floor. Our basement is finished, and the carpet is very thin and rough. I'm guessing maybe it feels like kitty litter beneath her paws; she goes all around her litter box, but not in it. She pees in the litter box, but makes stinky messes on the floor. I'm tired of it. Last time I bought her food, I accidentally grabbed the wrong bag. Do you know what happens when a cat's food is changed abruptly? Not.Pretty. My basement looks like Poop- and Pukapalooza. So gross! The carpet is brown, but stains are definitely visible. I used Resolve, but we may have to rent a Rug Doctor or something to clean the carpets. If Natalie and the cat hadn't recently taken such a liking to each other, kitty would be out the door.

I'm really working on organizing and decluttering our house and our lives. We are on the right track to organizing our finances (if I ever get on top of things, I will link to the blog/challenge that I'm using), which is a big deal now, but wll be an even bigger deal when we drop to one income so Nathan can start PA School. Another annual event in our subdivision is a subdivision yard sale. This year it will take place April 29th and 30th. We have only ever participated on Saturday due to both of us working full time, but the neighbors who set up a sale both days say they always do better on Friday. I've requested off for the 29th and am really looking forward to getting a lot of junk out of the house, and making some money in the process.

No comments:

Share