Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Snippets

* We got Natalie's classroom schedule for the new school year. She's at the age now that her daycare class has a curriculum during the school year. I would love to trade places with her!
  • 6:30-8:20 Arrive, potty, and free play
  • 8:30-8:45 Calendar and story time
  • 8:45-9:00 Breakfast and potty
  • 9:00-9:30 Daily lesson (every Friday is a Bible lesson)
  • 9:30-11:00 Free play
  • 10:45-11:00 Potty and clean up for lunch
  • 11:00-11:15 Story time
  • 11:15-11:30 Lunch
  • 11:30-2:30 Nap
  • 2:30-3:00 Potty and snack
  • 3:00-3:30 Afternoon lesson
  • 3:30-6:00 Free play and go home
So, how about you? Would you like to trade places with my two year old?

* My office is an inner office on the ground floor of the building. I don't get great reception on my radio, or so I thought. Apparently my radio wasn't working due to user error. I got it working yesterday and found the most unusual radio station, and it's one of the few that comes in clearly. This station has dubbed itself the "official listen-at-work station", and these are some of the songs I heard before noon:
  • "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"- Cyndi Lauper
  • some boy-band song that I couldn't place...Backstreet Boys, maybe?
  • "I Saw the Sign"- Ace of Base
  • "Get Down Tonight"- KC & the Sunshine Band
  • "I Can Only Imagine"- Mercy Me
  • "Marry Me" - Train
  • "Firework"- Katy Perry
  • "1999"- Prince
  • Add in there some Lady GaGa, Rhianna, Britney Spears, and LeAnn Rimes
I really thought radio stations were pretty straightforward- country, classic rock, rock & roll, hip hop, talk radio, etc. Evidently I was wrong!

* Friday we will be going to look for an apartment to live in while Nathan's in PA school. I'm so nervous about the extra expenses, but it's a cute little town pretty close to a couple of amazing cities. Having two homes will be odd. I'll feel like a celeb, having our "weekday home" and our "weekend home"! Ha!

* I know it's still August, but I'm SO ready to decorate for fall. Last week we had some nice days with highs in the low 80s and lows in the high 50s. Today we were back to the mid-upper 90s, but I may still pull out the fall goodies this weekend :) I love love love fall, but hate that it leads into winter. Brrr! I'm especially ready for fall TV!

* I'm so over hearing about Kim Kardashian's wedding. She's my least favorite of the Kardashian sisters. I love Khloe and sometimes Kourtney.

* I just saw an infomercial for SnapOnFeathers for hair. "A $60 value for only $10!" YES!! I think I shall order mine now. Ha!! What will people come up with next?

2 comments:

Newlymeds said...

oh my gosh! that schedule sounds divine!

I too am so over hearing about Kim K's wedding!

Amy said...

So glad I'm not the only one! :)

Share