Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

This has seriously been a great weekend of doing practically nothing. It's a shame not all weekends are so laid back.

Nathan was off work Friday, so he picked Natalie up for me. A task so small can make a momma so happy! I tanned on my way home and still made it home to an empty house. Although I was only alone for 15-20 minutes, it was blissful! We decided to have McAlister's Deli for dinner, so after calling that in, we ran to the store for a few things (where we scored 24 ct Crayola crayons for $0.24 per box! I love that Wal-Mart price matches.) We loaded up on some snacks and rented Just Go With It and Hall Pass from the Redbox. Dinner was delish, and we got a few laughs from Just Go With It before we all fell into a not-so-great slumber in the basement. Natalie enjoyed her slumber party with momma and daddy!

Saturday, Natalie and I were supposed to have a MOPS play group at the local water park. Between the overcast skies and Natalie's upset tummy, we decided not to go. I really don't know where Saturday went. Before I knew it, it was 5:00! We did some grocery shopping before the new store ads came out today (I love couponing! I got some great deals), then came home to have leftover spaghetti and watch Hall Pass, which was pretty stinkin' hilarious. I fell asleep before it was over, so I need to watch the last 20 minutes tonight before I return it.

This morning I went to church by myself. Although I felt guilty about letting Natalie skip, it was kind of nice going alone. I got home to find out that Natalie slept until 9:10am! That is completely unheard of, but she was in a great mood! She and I made blueberry muffins while Nathan mowed the lawn.
Aside from homemade muffins, these are the best!


Natalie took it upon herself to add the egg :)

Though not all identical, they were delish!

I took advantage of Nathan and Natalie napping together this afternoon to make some homemade laundry detergent. I've been planning on it for awhile, and the opportunity presented itself today. I've heard this detergent works better than most store-bought detergents, and it's definitely a money-saver. That's a win-win, right?

I used this recipe.

The ingredients, plus water. I had the bucket, so that was free, but for the other ingredients, I believe I spent about $8, and each of them will go a long way!


Ivory soap grated into water

Soap mostly dissolved

1 cup washing soda
 
1/2 cup Borax

Ingredients dissolving.

After this, I filled the bucket to the top with hot water. And now...I wait.  Hopefully it gels correctly, and tomorrow evening I can update with that info.

And here are a couple of pictures from our relaxing Friday evening last weekend when we took Natalie out for ice cream.


Isn't she cute?

Cute little ice cream shop

And one from today...just because:


Ignore all the weird shadows...




No comments:

Share