Monday, August 22, 2011

We spent the weekend in Springfield at my cousin's wedding. I left work early Friday so we could make it to Springfield before 10pm (it's about a 4.5 hour drive), since I still had to get a gift (talk about waiting till the last minute!), get my oil changed, and pack my suitcase. Natalie and I left town around 3:00. Guess what time we got to Springfield? 10 o'clock. My parents, Natalie, and I stayed at the same hotel as two of my aunts, who informed us that evening that our hotel was going to shut down the pool on Saturday. What?! Close a hotel pool on a weekend? Who made that decision?! Obviously we didn't want to be at a hotel that had no pool, so we cancelled our Saturday reservation and found a different, but comparable, hotel just a few miles away.

The wedding was at 1:30 Saturday afternoon. We made it there at 1:35. Apparently this weekend was all about running late! We had every intention of getting there early, but didn't realize the church was 20 minutes away; and it didn't help that our Garmin had us going in the opposite direction. At 1:30 my aunt, the mother of the groom, called to find out where we were. They held up the wedding for us. Whoops! It was a little embarrassing walking into the church when everyone was expecting to see the wedding party walking up the aisle. The priest, who has known my family forever and ever amen, said he was not starting that wedding until we were there. So sweet, right? The groom had no idea, and the sweet bride was cool with whatever.



The reception was at The Fox and Hound Bar & Grill where the couple met.



Who wouldn't want a pool table at their wedding reception?

A pool table and big screen tv's? What a lucky fella to have such a cool wifey!

Since we were all together, we reinacted a photo from 22-ish years ago.

Annnd the original :) Cute, right?
It was so great to see my dad's family. Since my grandparents have been gone, we don't get together like we used to.

Happy Monday!!





No comments:

Share