Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is right around the corner. Even though Father's Day is still a couple months away, Nathan very bluntly said, "For Father's Day, I want one of two things, depending on how much you want to spend: either a leaf blower, or a Stihl brand weed eater. Both gas-powered. They're both pretty pricey, though." He must really, really want those things, because we both always say, "You don't have to get me anything. Let's just take whatever money we'd spend and get something for the house." It's the same comment for every holiday- Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, Mother's/Father's Day, etc. I have some time to shop around, but Nathan's running out of time. I haven't really given him any specific ideas, just a subtle hint or two. Of course, I would never say, "This is what I want." I don't want him to feel obligated to buy me a Mother's Day gift. Honestly, I'm not sure he even knows how to find my blog, but on the off-chance that he does, I'll post my wishlist here, in no specific order:

1. Viva La Juicy perfume- I got a sample at the grand opening of our local Sephora; YUM!
2. Scentsy scents. I love this stuff! I have a drawer full of scents right now, but there are so many more  
    I'd like to have. I've actually considered becoming a Scentsy consultant. It's a line I adore, and I  
    could bring in a little extra money, since nurses are terribly underpaid.
3. A day at home alone.
4. Shaklee cleaning products. I had never heard of Shaklee until a couple of months ago when I started
    following the blog of a Shaklee distributor. Now I see and hear about it all over the internet.
5. Tori Spelling's books Stori Telling and Mommywood.
6. My car needs to be detailed- BADLY!
7. A new lens for my camera.

Hmmm, maybe I should "accidentally" leave this list out on my dresser or something. I don't expect a gift for any occasion, but I sure do get excited to open presents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing- you should leave your computer screen open to this page for him to find! My husband and I can never figure out what to buy for each other either :) Joint checking accounts makes gift giving weird :)

Amy said...

Joint checking accounts DO make gift-giving hard. My hubs just waits until the day of or sometimes the day before a gift-giving holiday to buy me a gift. I just use my credit card to buy his gifts, then pay it off right away. He actually tried to read over my shoulder as I was typing this post last night. Silly me- I closed the laptop :)

Share