Sunday, April 10, 2011

Organizing Challenge

I have been reading some amazingly inspirational organizing blogs (more on them later), and I have slowly (very slowly) been participating in their organizing challenges (more on those later, too). Our subdivision yard sale is coming up at the end of the month, so I'm trying to PURGE, PURGE, PURGE. One thing I'm purging is my recipe box. It was a wedding gift, and I like it, but I don't like having to write all my recipes on a small card in order to keep my recipes organized. I've decided to start a recipe binder. When I originally decided to do this recipe binder, I was going to type every recipe I came across that I wanted to save so everything would be pretty and uniform. That's going to take too.much.time, so I will type the recipes that I already have, and just print the others that I come across. I have less than 3 weeks to complete this project so that my recipe box can go in the yard sale (I will even leave my cards of recipes in there to give the lucky buyer a good start or addition to their recipes). I'm planning to take before and after pictures to reveal the outcome when it's finished. Hopefully putting this challenge to myself in black and white will be my motivation to complete it in time.

1 comment:

Erin Branscom said...

We did the same thing! :) I wrote about my binder here: http://www.healthybranscoms.com/2011/01/big-changes-for-my-family.html

I am doing a major purge for a yard sale too! :) Erin

Share