Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm Back

I've totally neglected my blog for the last week or so. Things have been crazy: Nathan taking two on-line classes (have you ever tried to teach yourself chemistry? Yikes!), and he took the GRE last Wednesday. His score was higher than the average for the PA program he's applying to, and he talked to the admissions director at the school, and she will be calling him back with an interview date, hopefully by the end of the week. Nathan's classes will be over next week, so the stress level in our house should go down tremendously, and I should no longer feel like a single married mom! :)
Easter weekend was good. We spent the weekend with my parents. Saturday morning Nathan and my dad went turkey hunting (no luck...looks like we'll be buying our Thanksgiving turkey this year),  and my mom and I took Natalie to an Easter party hosted by a very sweet, very well-known lady in town. We missed the egg hunt, but got cupcakes, Easter books, and a treat bag. We will be sure to get to the party on time next year. Saturday evening, my mom, dad, a family friend, and I went to the Lorrie Morgan and Jesse Keith Whitley concert at a local wine company. Even though we were soaked and muddy, we had a blast and left there with lots of freebies (we met a couple of beer distributors who got into a little friendly competition). Easter Sunday was super relaxing. We enjoyed a nice service at church, an amazing lunch, and Natalie made out like a bandit with TWO Easter baskets.



It's been storming like crazy here for the last week. It's like we've gotten the same type of storm come through every night around the same time for the last several nights. There have been tornadoes, hail, and flooding all around. Thankfully my home is on high ground, and the levee to the lake behind my house was repaired last summer, so it's nice and strong. My family is from Poplar Bluff, MO (if you've watched the news or the weather channel in the last couple of days, you've likely heard of Poplar Bluff). Most of the town is under water, and several of my family members have had to evacuate and very well may lose most of their stuff. It's such a sad situation.




Please pray for all those affected by the flooding. Some of my co-workers spent the afternoon sandbagging around their homes in Illinois. Praying they don't lose their homes and belongings, too.

This weekend is our subdivision yard sale. I'm so excited to get my storage room cleaned out!


No comments:

Share