Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pool Party

Nathan and I hosted a pool party yesterday. We invited a few of Nathan's work friends and a couple of our neighbors. I got my mom's love for feeding people, so we bought tons of groceries and spent a lot of the morning preparing food and washing fruit. When I wasn't preparing food, we were cleaning house. It's really amazing how quickly we can clean when we're expecting people, but most of the time, we put it off, thinking we don't have enough time.

People started arriving around 3:30, but the guys didn't start grilling the brats, hamburgers, and hotdogs until about 5:30. It was so nice and relaxing to just talk and laugh with responsible adults, who we knew would have a good time without getting stupidly drunk. It's been so incredibly hot here in Missouri, as I'm sure it's been around most of the nation, so we were looking forward to pool time, since it really was too hot to lie out in the sun for too long. By 4:00, a nice breeze started and the sun hid behind the clouds. The weather really was almost perfect! The beverages flowed nicely (so much so that we ran out of two cases plus a 12-pack of beer, among other drinks...whoa!) and the food was delicious. We had quite the overabundance of food- meat, chips/dips, baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad, tons and tons of fruit with dip, and three desserts. The party didn't wind down until about 11:45, and it seemed like everyone genuinely had a good time.

I'm disappointed that I didn't take any pictures, but I'm hoping last night wasn't our only pool party for the summer.

1 comment:

Kristen Thornburg said...

Wish I could've gone to your pool party! :) Sounds like it was a wonderful day!!

Share