Friday, July 8, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget Thursday

I realize it's not Thursday as the title of this post suggests, but this was started last night prior to my computer's battery dying (and I had no clue where the power cord was). I have found myself starting posts and not finishing them multiple times lately. Maybe tonight will be the night I finish them and post them all, so forgive me for seeming to be an attention wh*re (as people are so generously dubbed on The Bump) tonight :)

Natalie is daytime potty-trained, and I never want to forget how she says, "I'm so proud!" after she does her business. She seems genuinely proud of herself, as she should be!

I don't want to forget Natalie's requests for me to lie down with her at night. She always says, "Lie down with me, Momma". I usually don't because we had this bad habit last year and broke it, so I don't want to start it again, but I want to cherish all the snuggle time I can.

I often forget to "stop and smell the roses", but I hope Natalie never does. Every evening, she puts on her crocs (she does a great job getting them on, on the correct feet and all!) and asks to "go outside and mells plowers".

 My parents and my in-laws always want to buy things for Natalie. I always used to get offended, thinking they thought we weren't able to provide for Natalie the way we should. Now I just realize it's because they genuinely WANT to get things for her. They find joy in that. I'm finally accepting that; though it was hard at first because I never had grandparents like that. I never want to forget the copius amounts of love evident between Natalie and her grandparents. I hope Natalie nevers forgets, too.

No comments:

Share