Monday, May 16, 2011

I was supposed to run a 5K on Saturday. A friend had asked me a couple months ago to run it with her, then it turned out she couldn't run that day. I'm thinking, "Not a big deal; I've wanted to do a 5K for awhile, so I'm still going to do it." Thursday I talked to my cousin, and he reminded me that he had picked up tickets for us to see Jersey Boys at the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis on Saturday afternoon. I debated whether or not I would have enough time to run, get home and showered, and be ready by the time my mom and aunt got to my house so we could head to St. Louis. Ultimately, I made a last-minute decision not to run the 5K, and we left for St. Louis a little earlier than planned. Even though it rained and was cold (90 degrees in March and 50 degrees in May?? Only in the Midwest!) we had an amazing time. The show was good, the music was amazing, and I had a little "pop culture" history lesson. Now I'm interested in looking up biographies for Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. We spent some time shopping in my old STL neighborhood. I sort of miss it up there!

Our family reunion is June 11, followed by our annual family float trip on June 12. That gives me just enough time to get in shape with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I started the video Thursday, and haven't done it since. Oops! I will definitely be working out tonight. I haven't been on a scale in MONTHS, so I'll just judge by the way my clothes fit and how "tight" my body feels. That's more important than a number anyway, right?

I'm thinking about doing the 30 Day Blog Challenge. I've seen it on a few blogs, and it looks like fun. My {few} readers may get to know me better that way.

No comments:

Share