Friday, May 13, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Natalie is growing into quite the ham, and there are so many things I'm worried I'm going to forget. After the first twelve months, her baby book only does yearly birthdays up until five, so I have to use this blog and Facebook to remember everything. Here are some things I don't want to forget about this "season" in my life:

* Backstory: I always say, "Watch your noggin" when I open up her car door, and Nathan and Natalie's thing has always been to butt heads. Natalie has recently started saying, "Hit noggins" when she wants to head-butt. I get that it doesn't sound that cute, but it really is!

* Natalie has transformed from tom boy to girlie girl, excited-high-pitch-squeal included. I always swore I would never force my girl to wear big hair bows and frilly clothes. Now I love seeing her playing dress up in those things. She loves tutus and ballerina slippers. Sometimes she asks to wear hairbows, but it's not often I put bows or flowers on her that are bigger than her head- only for fun pictures.

* Since it's warming up outside, Natalie has been all about eating popsicles. I would rather she not run all over the place with her popsicle, so I usually have her sit on her plastic green Adirondack chair from Lowe's. She caught on quickly; she pulls her chair from the garage to the drive way, sits on it and gets situated, then says, "popsicle, please!" Hey, at least she has good manners :)

* Saturday when we walked into MOPS, I dropped Natalie off in the kiddie room, and her little BFF ran up to her with her arms wide open and said, "Nawie, my best fwiend!" and they hugged. I hope they stay friends for a long time.

Natalie's at such a fun age, and the stress around our house has decreased significantly since Nathan's classes ended. Life's pretty great!

No comments:

Share