Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I'm Loving



I know I originally wrote this on Tuesday evening, but I decided to go ahead an link up::



* McDonald's frozen strawberry lemonade. Have you tried one? They're pretty tart, but delish! They make me crave frozen strawberry margs :)

* This beautiful spring weather! It's so much better than the awful rainy spring weather we had a few weeks ago.
The forecast for tomorrow is 73 degrees and this picture:

* Ridiculously sore muscles after a good workout.

* This amazing cheese dip recipe I got and made tonight. If you like the white cheese at many Mexican restaurants, you've got to try this. It's also really good cold, spread on a cracker (it's like a butter consistency when it's cold).
Cooked Cheese

1 lb container cottage cheese, either large or small curd (this MUST be regular, not low fat or fat free)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter
6-7 slices American cheese (like Kraft singles; this CANNOT be low fat or fat free)

In a large skillet, combine cottage cheese and baking soda. Stir and let set for 1 1/2-2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally. The cottage cheese will liquify and become pretty clear.
Add 1 stick of butter and the sliced cheese; heat on warm or low, stirring. Do not let it burn or stick to the bottom of the pan! Heat just until all ingredients are melted/combined together.
Eat as a dip with tortilla chips or chill and spread on crackers.

* Thirty-One- I ordered a couple of thirty-one items a few weeks ago. I can't wait to pick them up from my friend's house! I'm having a Thirty-One party in June, and even though I don't really like to have parties like that, I'm pretty excited and hope I have a good turnout.

I ordered the cooler near the bottom right-hand corner of the top picture. Apparently it holds several bottles of wine! I also ordered the lunch tote in the center of the bottom picture.
* Coupons! Yes, I watch Extreme Couponing. Yes, I'm one of "those" that you see in the store with my coupon binder out (ok, maybe that's a stretch- I try to gather all the coupons I will use for each shopping trip and separate them into envelopes by store). No, I don't buy 20 of one item. I have never bought more than 3 of any one item. Yes, we are working on building a small stockpile as well as stocking an emergency kit incase of a natural disaster.

* Arby's new chicken salad. It's pretty perfect. I think it's made with plain yogurt instead of mayo. Delicious and seemingly sort of healthy. I use "healthy" loosely :)

* The Voice- Blake Shelton....need I say more? I don't know who's luckier- Blake Shelton or Miranda Lambert (I have a not-so-secret celebrity girl crush on her).

What are you loving right now?

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Love Blake Shelton! To answer your question about Gulf Shores, I haven't been since the mid 1990s, so I'm sure a lot has changed. I will do detail post though when I get back, so check back then! Did you get my comment on Natalie and her daycare or where you guys work? Living in Cape and my husband being from Jackson we love that area and have a lot of people we know working in both communities, it's always fun to see if I know people who 'know people'! ha :)

Amy said...

Natalie goes to daycare at Kids Korner at Cape First Church, but we go to church at Immaculate Conception in Jackson. I am a nurse at Chateau Girardeau, and my husband works for the general surgeons, so he's at both hospitals and at Doctors' Park surgery center. When were you at SEMO? I wouldn't be at all surprised if we know some of the same people! I read your complete profile...pretty sure we could easily be "in-real-life" friends! :) haha!

Share